NORTON, Mass. -- Chris Kirk made three big putts and capture

Các thành viên góp ý xây dựng diễn đàn

NORTON, Mass. -- Chris Kirk made three big putts and capture

Gửi bàigửi bởi carrie201918 » Thứ 4 Tháng 5 29, 2019 4:56 pm

NORTON, Mass. -- Chris Kirk made three big putts and captured the biggest win of his career Monday in the Deutsche Bank Championship. Whether that was enough for U.S. captain Tom Watson to add him to the Ryder Cup team was the least of his concerns. Kirk won for the second time this season. He went the last 37 holes at the TPC Boston without a bogey. He played the final two rounds with Rory McIlroy and outplayed the No. 1 player in the world. And he closed with a 5-under 66 for a two-shot victory in a FedEx Cup playoff event. Was it enough to convince Watson that he was worthy of a captains pick? "I certainly dont feel entitled, or feel like Im a shoe-in to get a pick," Kirk said. "Ive obviously really put myself into consideration, and its something that I would love to do. But like Ive said before, the nine guys that made it are automatic. Those are the guys on the team. The other three? If you get in, its a bonus." Then he looked at the blue trophy next to him and considered what he had just achieved. "Winning the Deutsche Bank and going to No. 1 in the FedEx Cup, and $1.4 million, thats plenty for me for one day," he said with a smile. Watson announces his selections Tuesday evening in New York. Ten shots behind after the opening round, Kirk was so disgusted that he skipped his usual practice session. He was flawless the rest of the week, particularly on Monday in another wild Labor Day finish at the TPC Boston. Kirk made three big putts on the back nine -- two of them for birdie -- but what pleased him the most was his 15-foot putt for par on the 15th hole that kept him in the lead. Billy Horschel had a chance to at least force a playoff -- and possibly win -- when he stood in the fairway on the par-5 18th hole with a 6-iron in his hand. Horschel chunked the shot so badly that it barely reached the hazard, and he made bogey for a 69. "The worst swing Ive made all week," Horschel said. Horschel tied for second with 54-hole leader Russell Henley (70) and Geoff Ogilvy, who extended his unlikely run through these FedEx Cup playoffs. Ogilvy was the last of the 100 qualifiers for the Deutsche Bank Championship. He went 65-65 on the weekend without a bogey. The top 70 in the FedEx Cup advance to the BMW Championship in Denver later this week. Ogilvy went from No. 100 to No. 24, and now stands a reasonable chance of getting to the Tour Championship for the top 30. Kirk won for the third time in his career, though never against a field this strong, and never with this much riding on it. He was No. 14 in the Ryder Cup standings, five spots away from being an automatic qualifier. This victory could go a long way toward Watson using one of his three selections on the 29-year-old from Georgia. Last week, Hunter Mahan bolstered his Ryder Cup case by winning The Barclays. Kirk was trying not to think about that, saying he already had plans to be at the Georgia-Tennessee game the weekend (Sept. 26-28) of the Ryder Cup. But he would gladly break those plans for a trip to Scotland for golfs version of the Super Bowl. "I would absolutely love to do it, but Im not going to really base how happy I am with how Im playing, or how my year has gone, on whether I make the team or not," Kirk said. McIlroy, who started the final round only two shots behind on a course where he won two years ago, fell back with successive bogeys on the front nine, bounced back with a pair of birdies, and then fell out of the mix by missing two short par putts early on the back nine. He closed with a 70 and tied for fifth with John Senden (66). Kirk took the outright lead for the first time with a 25-foot birdie putt on the 13th hole. And right when it looked as if he was struggling with his swing, he saved par from a bunker with a 15-foot putt on the 15th. On the next hole, he made a birdie putt from just over 12 feet that gave him a two-shot lead. Kirk, who finished at 15-under 269, failed to make birdie on a par 5 in the final round. He made a weak attempt on his 8-foot birdie try on the 18th. That left it to Horschel, in prime position for at least a birdie. "When Chris missed his birdie, I thought I was going to hit it on the green. I thought I was going to make the putt and make the eagle and win it outright," Horschel said. "But it just wasnt my day, I guess, to hit that bad of a shot." A small consolation for Horschel was going from No. 82 in the FedEx Cup to No. 20, all but assuring a spot in the Tour Championship. Six players moved into the top 70, though none was more surprising than Ogilvy. He became the first player in four years to go from No. 100 to the third playoff event. Randy Johnson Jersey . -- Hal Steinbrenner says Alex Rodriguez is "a great player" and "obviously an asset," but the New York Yankees managing general partner wouldnt discuss the third basemans possible return to the team following a season-long suspension. Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. http://www.diamondbackssale.com/diamond ... ez-jersey/. -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Curt Schilling Jersey . Tyutin has missed the last nine games with an ankle injury which occurred while playing for Russia at the Olympics. The top-two defenceman has four goals and 20 assists, 30 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in 53 games with Columbus this season. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . -- Nick Bjugstad snapped out of his scoring slump and spoiled Drew MacIntyres first NHL start.LONDON -- Real Madrids 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this weeks Associated Press global football poll. Madrid edged Bayern Munich by three points to take team of the week honours for the second time this season. It was even closer in the player poll, where Munichs Arjen Robben beat Madrids Cristiano Ronaldo by two votes. Robben scored a hat trick in Bayerns 5-1 Bundesliga victory, also against Schalke, and runner-up Ronaldo managed a brace against Schalke in the Champions League. "Bayern Munich have gone unbeaten for an incredible 48 Bundesliga games and dont just beat opponents: They hammer them," Richard Jolly of ESPN said. Tom Timmermann of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch sympathized with Schalkes tough week. "What in the name of soccer did Schalke 04 have to do to get a schedule where it played Bayern Munich and Real Madrid in a span of four days? Thats inhumane," Timmermann said. "And Schalkes in fourth place in the Bundesliga." Manchester City was third in the team vote after coming from behind to win the League Cup final against Sunderland 3-1. Yaya Toure, who levelled for City in the second half at Wembley wiith a curling long-range strike, was sixth in the poll, tied with Carlos Tevez.dddddddddddd Tevez led fourth-place Juventus to a 2-0 away win over AC Milan. "It was impressive the way Carlos Tevez played this game: He was everywhere, showing a real fighting spirit, working hard for the team and scoring an amazing goal," panellist Aurelio Capldi of RAI Sport in Italy said. "He is now the Serie A top scorer." Chelsea was fifth after its 4-1 victory against Fulham saw it move four points ahead at the top of the Premier League, after Arsenal lost to Stoke 1-0. Germany attacker Andre Schurrle scored a second-half hat trick for Chelsea and enters the poll for the first time this season in third position. Robert Lewandowski of Borussia Dortmund was fourth, and Luis Suarez fifth after scoring on his 100th Premier League appearance for Liverpool as it won 3-0 away at Southampton to rise to second in the league. "The Uruguayan international striker creates, performs and leads his team higher and higher," Manos Staramopoulos of Eleftheros Typos in Greece said. After Tevez and Toure, the rest of the top 10 were Lionel Messi, Aritz Aduriz of Athletic Bilbao, and Karim Benzema of Real Madrid. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys[/urlackhawksjerseysauthentic.com/]Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping [url=http://www.cheapbluejacketsjerseysauthentic.com/]Wholesale Columbu
carrie201918
Thành viên mới
Thành viên mới

Bài viết: 1
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 5 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: NORTON, Mass. -- Chris Kirk made three big putts and cap

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:38 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 1026249
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 7 31, 2021 9:48 am

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:40 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:41 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:42 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:43 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:44 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:45 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:46 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 8 01, 2021 4:47 am

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về Góp ý xây dựng diễn đàn

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.20 khách.