Hospitals inquiry: Patient had fits after infection

Khi tập luyện thể dục thể thao, võ thuật, đặc biệt là khi thi đấu đối kháng không ít bạn võ sinh đã từng gặp chấn thương ở nhiều mức độ khác nhau.Vậy làm thế nào để tránh chấn thương và các phương pháp khắc phục chấn thương như thế nào, mong các cao thủ và các bạn chúng ta sẽ tham gia bàn luận sôi nổi về vấn đề quan trọng và nhạy cảm này nhé

Gửi bàigửi bởi geemong » Thứ 3 Tháng 10 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Hình ảnh

A patient diagnosed with a rare cancer has told an inquiry she experienced "frightening" fits that were linked to a hospital-acquired infection.

Every time a player SLOTXO enters an online slot game, the player will be playing online slot games. I can be 100% sure that the outcome of that game is going to be a good thing. Absolutely accurate and fair.

Molly Cuddihy was treated at two flagship hospitals in Glasgow between 2018 and 2020.

The teenager told the Scottish Hospitals Inquiry she was fitted with a line for treatment that later became infected.

This line-related infection caused Ms Cuddihy temperature spikes and fits.

The inquiry is investigating the construction of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH) and Royal Hospital for Children (RHC) in Glasgow, and the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People in Edinburgh.

Ms Cuddihy was told she had metastatic Ewing's sarcoma when she was 15 years old.

The now 19-year-old was cared for at the RHC and QEUH where she was fitted with a line for treatment.

Not long into her chemotherapy, Ms Cuddihy told the inquiry that her body went into septic shock - a life-threatening condition that happens when your blood pressure drops to a dangerously low level after an infection.

She also described her rigors - episodes in which your temperature rises - as "crazy".

Ms Cuddihy was diagnosed with mycobacterium chelonae, an infection in her line that she later discovered came from the hospital environment, either air or water-borne, and that had probably caused her temperature spikes and fits.

She said she had to take a "very strong" course of antibiotics she likened to bleach to treat the infection.

"The medication had horrible side-effects. I thought chemo was bad, but this was something else," she said.

"I got a prolonged QT interval with my heart. This is when my heart pumps out the blood, but then doesn't fill up fast enough, so I would often collapse."Earlier this year, an independent review found the deaths of two children were at least in part the result of infections linked to the QEUH environment.
Hình đại diện của thành viên
geemong
Thành viên 4 sao
Thành viên 4 sao

Bài viết: 113
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 10 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Quay về Chấn thương khi luyện tập

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.67 khách.