seasons with the Los Angeles Angels

Bao gồm tất cả các thông báo của môn phái cho các thành viên của diễn đàn

seasons with the Los Angeles Angels

Gửi bàigửi bởi Dogcat250 » Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 11:31 am

LONDON -- Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday disputed paying a bribe to ensure he stayed in control of the glamorous motorsport series, and then fabricating the reason to pay a banker. Under cross-examination at the High Court in London, Ecclestone said he was blackmailed by the banker tasked with selling a significant stake in F1, and paid him off to avoid being reported to the authorities over his tax affairs. "I made up my mind he needed to be kept quiet," Ecclestone said after claiming he was "shaken down" by BayernLBs Gerhard Gribkowsky. Former F1 shareholder Constantin Medien contests that Ecclestone and his family trust entered into a "corrupt bargain" with Gribkowsky to ensure BayernLBs 47 per cent F1 stake was sold in 2005 to the buyer desired by the sports long-standing commercial chief. Gribkowsky received an alleged bribe totalling US$44 million which led to investment group CVC Capital Partners acquiring the stake. Constantin Medien, a German media company, is suing Ecclestone and other defendants for up to $144 million, claiming F1 was undervalued by the BayernLB deal. Ecclestone maintained Wednesday that at the time of the deal -- and now -- he was not trying to safeguard his own future in F1, insisting he doesnt "want to die as CEO" of F1. "As long as I have got control of the company I will continue to be there ... I am in a fortunate position -- I dont need a job," Ecclestone said. Asked by Constantin Medien lawyer Philip Marshall about the prospect of retirement, the 83-year-old Ecclestone replied: "I dont mind, Ive got plenty of things to do." In a case that could threaten Ecclestones future with F1, a German court is deciding whether he will stand trial on charges of bribery and incitement to breach of trust. Ecclestones legal team maintains that a "consultancy package" was paid to Gribkowsky, who was jailed in Germany last year for 8 1/2 years for taking the payment. In the High Court, Ecclestone was asked why he responded to the apparent blackmail threat by seeking the advice of an in-house accountant rather than lawyers, and did not approach the police. "It doesnt make any sense," Marshall said. "You are in a situation where you are being asked to pay millions of dollars over a threat or an insinuation that may cause you tax problems. You dont ask any of the lawyers ... thats just something (a reason) you fabricated. You have made it up." Ecclestone, appearing for the first time in person in the second week of the civil trial, spoke quietly at times and regularly banged the desk as he grew increasingly frustrated with questioning. Ecclestone said he was happy to pay Gribkowsky $22.5 million himself to avoid any potential tax investigation, and saw little point in contacting the police. "I wanted to get rid of (Gribkowsky) making silly statements," Ecclestone said. Ecclestone built his powerbase in F1 from the 1970s and helped to create the Formula One Constructors Association that controlled the business side of the series, including selling the TV rights. The British-based company later became known as Formula One Management. CVC, having amassed a 63 per cent stake of F1, has reduced its holding as other investors have come on board in recent years, although a planned flotation has stalled. Constantin Medien is claiming it lost out due to the deal negotiated by Gribkowsky. Gribkowsky is a defendant in the case along with Ecclestones lawyer, Stephen Mullens, and the Ecclestone family trust, Bambino Holdings. Authentic Nike Jordans Wholesale . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue. Air Jordan Sale NZ . The team sent out a press release on Friday stating Poile was resting and recovering and that he will remain in hospital for further observation. The Predators were preparing for the game against the Wild when Poile was hit by a puck that flew off the ice at him where he was standing in a tunnel behind the bench. http://www.airjordancheapnz.com/.com) - Rajon Rondo turned in a game-high 21 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists as Dallas claimed a 102-98 win over the Lakers on Friday. Jordan Shoes For Sale NZ .Commissioner Adam Silver said Wednesday it is inevitable that the league will one day take after European sports and have sponsor names on team jerseys. Cheap Jordans NZ . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels.SAN FRANCISCO -- Yasiel Puig believes he has the support from his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and the club to help him keep his focus on baseball despite challenges off the field. Puig returned to the starting lineup in right field for Thursdays series finale against the Giants amid reports that smugglers who helped him defect from Cuba had threatened his life. "Im only concentrating on the season and being the best teammate and helping my teammates," Puig said, speaking in Spanish during an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday morning at his locker in AT&T Park. While Puig wont address the details specifically because of a pending legal case, he said he will focus on baseball and on helping the defending NL West champion Dodgers keep winning. He went 1 for 4 with a strikeout in Thursdays 2-1 victory. While he dropped a routine fly to right, he also made two nice catches on the run. "I have great teammates who are helping support me so much this season and to focus on the season when I get to the stadium so I am comfortable," Puig said. "That way I dont start thinking about anything negative in the stadium. Im only thinking about working on the things that are going to make me a better ballplayer." The 23-year-old, scratched from the starting lineup after arriving late for his teams home opener April 4, is hitting .250 with one home run and five RBIs in his second major league season. He said after the game he is committed to baseball "so those things that are happening dont torment me." "Were at the field right now. Weve just got to be thinking about baseball," teammate Hanley Ramirez said. "What Ive seen is hes been llearning and hes just happy to be here.dddddddddddd Hes playing today and he told me hes going to do everything it takes to win todays game." Manager Don Mattingly said he has read articles about Puigs journey and will offer support. He has spoken briefly with the outfielder, but not regarding specifics of his journey to the United States -- saying if Puig wants to keep those details private, he will respect that wish. Mattingly is committed to helping Puig, who signed a $42 million, seven-year contract. Court documents, part of a federal lawsuit in Miami, say smugglers who helped Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig. Boxer Yunior Despaigne says in an affidavit he is afraid of being harmed by the smugglers or their associates if Puig hasnt paid them money he owes. "He hasnt talked about his background. Nobodys told me about his background. Nobodys told me about his story," Mattingly said. "If its true, its a wild story." Other Cuban big leaguers have shared similar experiences. In Oakland, Cuban slugger Yoenis Cespedes discussed in February 2013 how he worried constantly about his family members the previous season as they made their way to the U.S. He wasnt sure whether they might be targeted because of his legal issues stemming from a former agent who claimed the outfielder owed him money. "If you care about Yasiel, you worry about some serious stuff there that he has to deal with," Mattingly said. "If you care about him as a person, you worry about what hes going through." AP Legal Affairs Writer Curt Anderson in Miami contributed to this report. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Dogcat250
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 687
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 10:10 am

Quay về Thông báo của môn phái

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.19 khách.