behalf of Jimmy Graham concerning

Bao gồm tất cả các thông báo của môn phái cho các thành viên của diễn đàn

behalf of Jimmy Graham concerning

Gửi bàigửi bởi Dogcat250 » Thứ 4 Tháng 1 16, 2019 9:34 am

VANCOUVER -- One of Mike Gilliss final acts as Canucks general manager was to end the Roberto Luongo saga once and for all in Vancouver by trading the veteran goalie to the Florida Panthers last month. And while the recently fired Gillis wont be around to reap any potential benefit from deal, Vancouver got its first real glimpse this week at one of the key pieces that came back the other way. Jacob Markstrom, acquired along with forward Shawn Matthias as part of the deal that sent Luongo back to his former team, allowed three goals on 27 shots in a solid first start with the Canucks as Vancouver fell 4-2 to the red-hot Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night. The American Hockey Leagues goalie of the month for February while he was still a member of the Panthers organization, Markstrom watched from the bench for 15 straight games as Vancouver rode fellow Swede Eddie Lack in a failed attempt to make a run at the playoffs. After the Canucks were eliminated from contention for the first time in six years, head coach John Tortorella indicated that youngsters would play in the teams final three games and that Markstrom would get his chance to spell Lack, who started 19 in a row following the Olympic break. "I thought (Markstrom), with the amount of work hes done and the lack of play ... I thought he was really good, as far as the technical part that were trying to work on with him," Tortorella said after Thursdays game. That work the Canucks have been doing with Markstrom has included having him play deeper in his crease, a style preached by goalie coach Rollie Melanson. "A lot of the stuff Ive been working with Rollie with felt pretty good out there," said Markstrom, whose only other game with Vancouver was mop-up duty in a 6-1 loss to Dallas. "Its all repetitions and weve been doing it for quite a bit here so it felt pretty natural. "I was happy that I was playing but too bad we couldnt win." Markstrom might be untested, but he is by no means new to the NHL. The 24-year-old played parts of four seasons with the Panthers, including 23 games during the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign. In 45 career outings, Markstrom has a less-than-inspiring 11-26-5 record to go along with an .897 save percentage and a 3.20 goals-against average. But its his potential and six-foot-six frame that the Canucks were drawn to in the Luongo deal, which happened quickly after Tortorella chose to start Lack in the Heritage Classic. "I like Jacob Markstrom, I think hes a really good young talent in goal," Gillis said after the trade. "When I look at the return, obviously you want to try and get the absolute best and most that you can get, but there are circumstances that do impact and play a role in these things. And we were impacted by things that were somewhat beyond our control." At the end of last season, Vancouver had both Luongo and Cory Schneider, who was dealt to the New Jersey Devils in June, on the roster. Now with Lack and Markstrom, what had been a position of strength for the organization is now a major question mark. Tortorella decided against starting Markstrom with the Canucks still in this years playoff chase, describing his talents as "raw." "Really the biggest thing Rollie is trying to do is get him deeper (in his crease)," Tortorella said in late March. "Hes a really athletic guy, hes a big man. Hes trying to get him to play deeper. Again, I dont spend too much time asking questions, but hes trying to change his game a little bit. "Hes a young guy. We are very intrigued about his athletic ability and the size that he is and I think Ive got one of the best goaltending coaches around in dealing with these guys and teaching them." Markstrom, who is expected to play Vancouvers final two games of the season, said before Thursdays start hes fine with the Canucks trying to alter his game if it gets results. "At the end of the day its all about feeling good and stopping the puck," he said. "Youve got to go out there with a good feeling and be confident in what youre going to do and I feel really confident right now. "Im just trying to improve my game as much as I can. Obviously its a couple different steps with Rollie, what he does and what he wants his goalies to do." Meanwhile, Canucks defenceman Kevin Bieksa confirmed after Thursdays game that he will represent Canada at the world championship next month in Belarus. "Its an honour. I talked to (Canadian general manager) Rob Blake and he asked me if I wanted to play," said Bieksa. "I havent had many opportunities to play for my country before and I dont plan on missing the playoffs too many more years so I thought Id take this chance." Cheap Shoes China Wholesale . Parmelee hit a game-ending shot in the ninth inning and the Minnesota Twins overcame David Ortizs big night to beat the Boston Red Sox 8-6 on Tuesday. China Shoes Cheap . The Laval Rouge et Or defensive back/kick-returner gained the invitation following his showing Sunday at an NFL regional combine in Baltimore. http://www.chinashoescheap.com/. -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to a one-year contract with cornerback Kelvin Hayden. Wholesale Shoes From China . -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall. Cheap Shoes China Free Shipping . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns.After a record-setting performance in a shutout win last week, Ben Scrivens and the Edmonton Oilers came crashing back to earth Saturday in Boston. The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. Scrivens was busy again on Saturday and he managed to stopped 37-of-41 shots in his clubs 4-0 loss in Boston. He kept the game close by stopping 21-of-22 shots through two periods, but the Bruins scored three times on 19 shots over the final 20 minutes. Scrivens, who was acquired in a trade with Los Angeles last month, fell to 2-3-1 in five games with the Oilers after Saturdays loss. The 27-year-old is sporting a 2.21 goals against average and .944 save percentage since the trade. The Oilers were shut out for the seventh time this season on Saturday, but it was the first time they were blanked since a 6-0 setback to St. Louis on Dec. 21. Edmonton, which will also face the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils on this trip, is just 8-19-4 as the visiting team this season. The Oilers have dropped eight of their last nine on the road. This evenings game at First Niagara Center pits the last-place teams from each conference against each other. Edmonton occupiess the basement in the West with 42 points and only the Sabres have fewer points in the NHL with 38.dddddddddddd. Buffalo will try to put its most recent effort in the rearview when it takes the ice tonight. The Sabres were slammed 7-1 in Colorado on Saturday, losing for the eighth time in 10 games. Matt DAgostini registered the lone goal for the Sabres in the lopsided loss. Starter Ryan Miller was yanked after yielding five goals on 27 shots. Jhonas Enroth finished up by allowing two scores on 12 chances and he expects to get the start tonight. Millers backup has never faced the Oilers in his career. Colorado seized control by scoring three times in a span of just over five minutes in the opening period and the Avs would push the lead to 5-1 by the end of 40 minutes. "They got that early jump, went up 3-0 in the first and never looked back," noted Sabres forward Marcus Foligno. "We were out there looking around. Its not a good feeling getting beat like this. There was nothing good about it." Buffalo is at home for two straight before playing its final game before the Winter Olympic break Thursday in Ottawa. The Sabres have lost six straight on home ice and are 9-15-5 as the host this season. The Sabres and Oilers havent faced each other since Buffalo grabbed a 4-3 home win on Jan. 3, 2012. Buffalo has taken six straight in this series and the Oilers have lost three in a row in Western New York. China NFL Jerseys
Dogcat250
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 687
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 10:10 am

Quay về Thông báo của môn phái

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.13 khách.