Green Bay Packers Elite Jerseys

Bao gồm tất cả các thông báo của môn phái cho các thành viên của diễn đàn

Green Bay Packers Elite Jerseys

Gửi bàigửi bởi huangjian123 » Thứ 4 Tháng 4 17, 2019 8:38 am

ATLANTA (AP) — Tyler Flowers isn’t a fan of pinch-hitting. On his memorable day Justin Morneau Jersey , even that went right.Pinch-runner Adam Duvall scored the tiebreaking run on a delayed dash from third base and Flowers hit a two-run homer in Atlanta’s four-run eighth inning as the Braves beat Tampa Bay 9-5 on Tuesday night to snap the Rays’ eight-game winning streak.Flowers’ homer came after he agreed to a contract extension that could keep him in Atlanta through the 2020 season.“It was a pretty good day,” Flowers said. “All in all, it wasn’t too bad.”The homer was Atlanta’s sixth by pinch-hitters this season, tied for the most in the majors. Asked if he had become more comfortable as a pinch-hitter, Flowers said, “Not a bit, no.”Chaz Roe (1-3) walked Kurt Suzuki to open the eighth. Suzuki advanced to third on Ozzie Albies’ third hit, a double to the right-field corner.Duvall, running for Suzuki, initially remained at third base on Dansby Swanson’s groundout to second. When first baseman Jake Bauers looked to possibly throw to second, where Albies was standing off the bag, Duvall took off in a desperate sprint for the plate.Home plate umpire Chad Fairchild called Duvall safe on his slide under the tag of catcher Michael Perez, beating Bauers’ throw. A video review lasting 1 minute, 45 seconds, confirmed the call.Bauers said he looked to second base because he thought Duvall was running on contact and already had scored. Then Bauers said he heard third baseman Matt Duffy yelling for him to throw to Perez.“I did my best to throw it home and get him,” Bauers said. “Obviously he snuck in.”Flowers’ homer landed in the Rays’ bullpen behind the left-field wall. Ender Inciarte, who drove in two runs on four hits, added another homer to center off Andrew Kittredge.The Rays suffered their first loss since Aug. 18 at Boston.“It just means we have to start again,” said Brandon Lowe http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , who hit his first homer, a two-run shot , in the sixth. “Losing stinks but now you can start another winning streak.”Brad Brach (2-3) recorded the final out in the eighth. The Rays loaded the bases off A.J. Minter with two outs in the ninth. Willy Adames’ groundout ended the game, and first-place Atlanta moved 4½ games ahead of Philadelphia in the NL East.Tampa Bay trailed 5-2 before Adames’ single off Jonny Venters in the eighth drove in Tommy Pham from second for a 5-5 tie. Nick Markakis doubled in two runs in Atlanta’s four-run fifth inning.Braves starter Julio Teheran gave up four runs in 5 2/3 innings.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: OF Mallex Smith (viral infection) worked out at Tropicana Field after being released from the hospital Sunday. There is no timetable for his return to the team.Braves: RHP Arodys Vizcaino, who has been out since July 14 while on the DL for the second time this season with right shoulder inflammation, threw in the bullpen. Manager Brian Snitker said Vizcaino is “feeling good now” but needs to appear in a minor league rehab game before more is known about his outlook for this season.THE OPENERRays opener Ryne Stanek pitched a scoreless first inning before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the second. Yonny Chirinos allowed five runs, two earned, on seven hits and three walks in five innings.NEW DEALThe 32-year-old Flowers agreed to a $4 million contract for 2019 and a $6 million club option, with a $2 million buyout, for 2020.ERRORS HURTThe Rays led 2-1 before Ozzie Albies and Dansby Swanson opened the fifth with singles off the gloves of second baseman Joey Wendle and Duffy, respectively. Teheran’s bunt was mishandled by Bauers for an error and then picked up by Duffy, who threw low to first for another error, allowing Albies to score the tying run.UP NEXTRays: RHP Diego Castillo (3-2, 3.23 ERA) is expected to make only his third start when the two-game series concludes on Wednesday night. He has appeared in 30 games in relief.Braves: LHP Sean Newcomb (11-6, 3.57) will make his second start of the season against the Rays. He threw six scoreless innings in a 1-0 win on May 8 at Tampa Bay. BALTIMORE (AP) — Sitting side by side in the auxiliary clubhouse at Camden Yards, Orioles general manager Mike Elias and new manager Brandon Hyde spoke excitedly Monday about working together to mold the struggling franchise into a winner again.Hired last month to oversee a massive rebuilding project, Elias immediately set out to find a manager that could develop young, inexperienced players into solid major leaguers.He settled on Hyde, the 45-year-old bench coach of the Chicago Cubs Byron Buxton Jersey , who was named the 20th manager in Orioles history on Friday.“He’s somebody that is viewed as an up and coming star in our business,” Elias said. “So I’m very happy that we landed him here.”Elias came to Baltimore from Houston, where he helped turn the Astros from a perennial loser into a World Series champion. Hyde, similarly, was an integral part of the process that bolstered the Cubs from a rebuilding club into a world champion. This will be his first job as major league manager.“We’ve come from two organizations that had some down years but all of a sudden got good real quick,” Hyde noted. “That’s going to be the process here, and we’re looking forward to getting that going.”Elias said: “What stood out throughout the entire process for me, for us, were Brandon’s unique qualifications and experiences for this job. Being such a huge part of building the Cubs organization into a world champion and a playoff-caliber team was very attractive to me throughout this entire process.”During a nine-year run with the Miami Marlins, Hyde served as a bench coach from June 2010 through the end of the 2011 season. In Chicago, he was bench coach in 2014, first base coach from 2015-17 and bench coach this year under the skilled and respected Joe Maddon.“I’m a big Joe Maddon fan. I love Joe Maddon,” Hyde said. “What I’ve learned the most from him is consistency, how he is on a daily basis. He’s so positive. Always upbeat.”Patience is going to be the key in Baltimore, where Elias and Hyde will be toiling in unison to turn around a team that finished 47-115 in 2018 — the most losses in franchise history.“I think the approach and the personal characteristics that he’s going to bring to this job are ideal,” Elias said. “He is someone with a reputation and experience for connecting with players, communicating with players, empathizing with players, which is very important in today’s game. But he also has the same view that I have — that this is a partnership between the front office and the coaching staff. We are going to be working toward the same goals.”Although he’s been entrenched in the National League for the past decade http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , Hyde knows all about the Orioles’ rich history. From the late 1960s through the team’s last World Series title in 1983, Baltimore was recognized as one of the best teams in the majors.One of the standouts of that era, Hall of Fame third baseman Brooks Robinson, sat in the front row during the news conference.Asked what made Baltimore attractive to him, Hyde replied, “The rich tradition here. Brooks Robinson is sitting here. I’m in my new office, and there’s pictures of Earl Weaver and Cal Ripken Sr. I grew up a baseball rat. To be around history and be involved in a city like Baltimore, it’s a dream come true, to be in the American League East and going out and competing every night.”Before he can assess the talent in the organization, Hyde must first assemble his coaching staff.Then, it will be time to get down to business with Elias and former Astros analytics chief Sig Mejdal to rebuild the Orioles.“That’s what attracted me here,” Hyde said. “Knowing what they did in Houston, their ability to acquire talent, their ability to draft. Then, hearing what they wanted from a major league manager, I thought it was a really, really good fit.”
huangjian123
Thành viên 1 sao
Thành viên 1 sao

Bài viết: 23
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 Tháng 2 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Quay về Thông báo của môn phái

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.3 khách.