important matter of three Championship points

Nơi trao đổi tài liệu giữa các thành viên

important matter of three Championship points

Gửi bàigửi bởi Dogcat250 » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 12, 2019 9:20 am

The rather important matter of three Championship points may be at stake in Saturday lunchtimes FL72 local derby between Derby and Nottingham Forest on Sky Sports, but whenever the fixture takes place it is forever associated with the memory and achievements of one man – Brian Clough. Both sets of fans have paid fitting tributes to their iconic title-winning former manager following his passing in 2004. So, ahead of the latest ‘Brian Clough derby’, here is a selection of classic quotes from one of the most charismatic and colourful football characters of them all…Classic Cloughie “The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years” – on being the best.Im sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, Id want to run the show. They were shrewd because thats exactly what I would have done” – on never becoming England manager.Im loath to confess they could be as good as us. They are brilliant. It sticks in the craw a little bit because nobody likes Arsenal! Of course theres a Frenchman in charge, Wenger, and not many English people like Frenchmen. He is a top, top manager” – on Arsenal breaking Nottingham Forest’s record for 42 games unbeaten. Players lose you games, not tactics. Theres so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” – on his football tactics.Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me – on staying the course.I wouldnt say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one – on his standing.Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius - on his ex-player Martin ONeill’s success.If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, hed have put grass up there - on long-ball football.“I’m a little bit of an idealist, I do believe in fairies, and that is my outlook” – on his playing style.“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right” – on listening to players opinions. I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldnt have hit him very hard – on looking after Roy Keane at Forest.That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You cant keep goal with hair like that” – on facial hair…and ponytales.“The players havent got enough heart to fill a thimble” – on his Brighton side’s 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers.“Good managers make good sides. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager” – on lucky players.“Don’s slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. But having said that, I want to be like me” – on definitely not being ex-Leeds boss Don Revie. Don’t miss Derby v Nottingham Forest live on Saturday at midday on Sky Sports 1 HD Also See: Championship video Fixtures Table Live on Sky Get Sky Sports Wholesale Bucks Jerseys . "Its way better than running gassers, thats for sure," the inside linebacker said Monday, when the Chargers started their third and final week of organized team activities, which are practices in shorts, jerseys and helmets. Donte DiVincenzo Jersey . When a game is in the balance, however, they still have the personnel and the experience to end up with the two points. http://www.cheapbucksjerseys.com/?tag=c ... ker-jersey. The team announced the defensive coordinator will not be offered a contract extension. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Weise will have his hearing with the NHL head office over the phone, while the league has requested an in-person hearing with Kassian. Oilers centre Sam Gagner suffered a broken jaw after getting hit with a high stick from Kassian in Edmontons 5-2 win. Glenn Robinson Jersey . TSN 1290s game day coverage begins on Monday, June 9 at 5:30pm ct as the Blue Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts in pre-season action. Bombers game day broadcasts on TSN 1290 are hosted by Winnipeg Blue Bomber Hall of Famers Troy Westwood and new addition Chris Walby, alongside beat reporter Darrin Bauming, who delivers regular reports on the team for TSN 1290 all-season long.HAMBURG, Germany -- Wladimir Klitschko will defend his WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight belts against the undefeated Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria in Hamburg on September 9. Klitschko said in a statement released by his management on Thursday that his opponent "has an impressive record as both an amateur and professional. Pulev has a sophisticated technique and I certainly wont underestimate him." The 33-year-old Pulev has 11 kknockouts from 20 wins.dddddddddddd He became the IBF international champion in 2011 and European heavyweight champion in 2012. The 38-year-old Klitschko has been a heavyweight champion since 2006. The Ukrainian 1996 Olympic champion has an impressive record of 52 knockouts in 62 wins, with the last of his three loses coming in April 2004. But Pulev says "Im ready to replace Wladimir Klitschko as champion." ' ' '
Dogcat250
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 687
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 10:10 am

Re: important matter of three Championship points

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:23 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 1169471
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 7 31, 2021 9:48 am

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:25 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:26 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:27 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:28 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:29 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:31 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:32 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Thứ 7 Tháng 4 08, 2023 1:33 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về Trao đổi tài liệu

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.24 khách.