Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in

Nơi trao đổi tài liệu giữa các thành viên

Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in

Gửi bàigửi bởi Dogcat250 » Thứ 3 Tháng 4 09, 2019 9:42 am

MIAMI - Milos Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in singles action at the Sony Open after beating American Jack Sock 6-4, 7-6 (7-1) on Saturday to advance. Fellow Canadian Vasek Pospisil is out of the tournament following a loss in his debut match. Raonic, seeded 12th, hung Sock out to dry in their second-round match, ending with his 14th ace after 86 minutes. The Thornhill, Ont., native broke once while allowing Sock few chances to take an initiative. "It was a decent first match, a bit windy," said Raonic. "It was a good chance to find my rhythm. "The further I get into a tournament the more I start to cut my margin for error. I think in the next match (against Spains Guillermo Garcia-Lopez) I can start to take more chances." Raonics victory marked his third straight appearance in a Miami third round, the best he has done so far. A year ago, he was forced to withdraw with an injury before facing American Sam Querrey. Toronto doubles veteran Daniel Nestor and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic took an opening win over Andy Murrays elder brother Jamie Murray and John Peers, beating the pair 6-4, 7-5 in the first round. Pospisil failed to end a two-month losing streak on the ATP as the Vancouver native fell to Slovenian Aljaz Bedene, but came away with a positive attitude on his progress after recent back pain. The 27th seeded Pospisil was beaten in a first-time meeting with Bedene 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, 6-3. Pospisil, only recently recovered from pains which began late in the previous season, won the opening set but could not maintain momentum. He had never played the Masters 1000 event in South Florida. Pospisil went down in just under two and a half hours, and has not won a match since the Australian Open in mid-January when he beat Matthew Ebden in the second round. "Overall it was positive for me," said Pospisil, "The back felt almost 100 per cent. It was the first time I felt I could compete and have a chance of winning a match." Pospisil ended with a modest seven aces against eight for No. 119 Bedene, with Pospisil never earning a break point while losing serve twice. "It was a tough match. He played well, it was very physical," Pospisil said. "My level fell a bit at the end when I needed to hang tough, but its a good feeling knowing that you can compete. "I felt that I could almost move up to my standards. Its a much better feeling. Im disappointed but I did play well, especially on serve and from the back of the court." Wholesale Jerseys Authentic .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. China Jerseys . As the only competitor to try two quads, much less complete them, Kovtun ended the day nearly nine points ahead of Japans Tatsuki Machida, who opened with a clean quad but then stepped out of the triple toe loop that was the second jump in his combination. http://www.authenticwholesalecheapjerseys.com/ . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. Cheap NFL Jerseys Online . Neither player was available Saturday for the Knicks 107-98 loss in Atlanta. "Were going in a different direction and weve got to figure out another spot or two for our ballclub," coach Mike Woodson said before the game. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . According to bodog.ca, Cleveland moved up to grab the best odds to win the Larry OBrian trophy at 4-1 on Friday. By comparison, the Miami Heats odds plummeted from 3-1 favourites before LeBron left, to 50-1.SEATTLE -- Jason Vargas used his "accelerator" to control the strike zone and it meant his first road victory of the season. It came at a place where he felt like home. Vargas allowed three hits over seven innings and the Kansas City Royals had 16 hits -- all singles -- in a 6-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night. Vargas (3-1), who pitched for the Mariners for four seasons (2009-12), struck out six without a walk. He is 3-1 with a 1.59 ERA in four career starts against his former team. His 2.30 ERA at Safeco Field is tied for the seventh best for a starter in park history Vargas signed a four-year, free-agent deal with the Royals in November. "When hes on his game, like he was tonight, he really works the accelerator really well," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "He pushes down with the fastball, backs off with the changeup. Good curveball. "What pitchers like Vargie do so well is they disrupt the opposition hitters timing. He did that extremely well tonight." Vargas said controlling the strike zone is always his goal "but the execution is not always the same. ... Tonight I was able control counts and able to make pitches down in the strike zone." Salvador Perez, Eric Gordon and Eric Hosmer had three hits each for the Royals while Nori Aoki and Lorenzo Cain had two each. The Mariners have scored just two runs and have 10 hits over the past three games. Brandon Maurer (1-1) took the loss, allowing 14 hits, six runs -- four earned -- and did not walk or strike out a batter. The 14 hits Maurer allowed were just one short of the team record set by Greg Hibbard on May 24, 1994. "This was a weird, weird game," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Maurer threw the ball extremely well, gave up two hard hits. They were persistent, put the bat on the ball and found some holes. "It was one of those nights. I didnt look up to see if it was a full moon or not. It was weird." The first hit Vargas allowed came in the third, a one-out single by Mike Zunino. Shortstop Alcides Escobar knocked the hard grounder down but it rolled a few feet away. The other hits were Dustin Ackleys line single to centre in the fifth and Robinson Canos ground single to right in the seventh. "He mixed it up and threw strikes," Mariners third baseman Will Bloomquist said of Vargas. "I saw a couple changeups and they were kind of Jamie Moyer-like, coming out of the back of his hand and falling off pretty good. He threw the ball well." Thee Royals pieced together rallies off Maurer.dddddddddddd Only one run scored on a hit. The rest scored on an error, a sacrifice fly, a double play and two on fielders choices. "We dont care how we get the runs," Hosmer said. "Any way we can produce them. Thats what we need to do. As an offence, we just have to bear down and find ways to produce runs." Aoki opened the game with a single to right followed by Hosmers single to right, with Aoki sprinting to third. Aoki scored on Billy Butlers bouncer to Bloomquist, who tried to start a double play but threw wildly to second, pulling Cano off the bag. Initially, the umpires ruled Hosmer safe on an apparent error but Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon challenged the call. After a review, it was ruled that Cano dragged his left toe across the bag while in possession of the ball. Hosmer was ruled out. Perez bounced into a double play to end the inning. Hosmers sacrifice fly in the third put the Royals up 2-0. Mariners shortstop Brad Millers throwing error in the fourth allowed two more runs. Perez opened with a single followed by a clean bunt single by Gordon. Johnny Giavotella then bounced a potential double-play ball to short but Millers flip to second sailed into right field and Perez scored. Gordon would later score the second run on Cains double-play grounder. Kansas City made it 5-0 in the sixth when Butler scored on Giavotellas fielders choice. Cains one-out single in the eighth scored Perez from second to make it 6-0, ending Maurers evening. The Mariners scored in the eighth off reliever Aaron Crow. Miller drew a one-out walk. Pinch-hitter James Jones then stroked a two-out double into the right-field corner. Miller had stopped at third then trotted home on right-fielder Aokis throwing error. NOTES: Mariners LHP James Paxton, who started the season at 2-0 before suffering a strained lat muscle, threw 25 pitches in a bullpen session before the game. RHP Taijuan Walker (right shoulder impingement) will have his first bullpen session Sunday. There is no timetable for either pitcher. Also, RHP Stephen Pryor, coming off shoulder surgery, is back with Triple-A Tacoma. . Kyle Seager was a late scratch for the Mariners because of flu-like symptoms. Bloomquist replaced him. . The Royals pre-game move to promote Giavotella was necessary because of Omar Infantes ailing back. Infante missed Thursdays game and will be rested for the series. Giavotella was hitting .352 for Triple-A Omaha. To make room, the club sent RHP Michael Mariot to Omaha. ' ' '
Dogcat250
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 687
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 10:10 am

Re: Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:47 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 1077740
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 7 31, 2021 9:48 am

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:48 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:49 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:51 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:52 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:53 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:54 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:55 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 1:56 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về Trao đổi tài liệu

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.37 khách.