Shane Battier called it one of the biggest honours

Nơi trao đổi tài liệu giữa các thành viên

Shane Battier called it one of the biggest honours

Gửi bàigửi bởi Dogcat250 » Thứ 3 Tháng 4 23, 2019 9:59 am

MIAMI -- Shane Battier called it one of the biggest honours of his life. The Miami Heat forward was announced Saturday as the winner of the leagues Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year award, which recognizes selfless play, leadership, work as a role model to other players and commitment. The NBA will make a $25,000 donation to The Battier Take Charge Foundation, which raises money to help provide children with educational and leadership opportunities. Battier received 67 first-place votes and appeared on 209 ballots cast by NBA players in all, finishing as a runaway winner of the award. Charlottes Al Jefferson was second and Dallas Dirk Nowitzki was third in the balloting, in which players could not vote for a current teammate. "Although the guys in the locker room couldnt cast any votes for me, Id like to think they wouldve voted for me if they could," Battier said. "I hope they know that I love them and I appreciate them and everything I do I try to make that locker room better and this team better." Battier was second to Chauncey Billups in voting for the teammate award last season, when it was presented for the first time. Battier is in his 13th and presumably final season. A two-time NBA champion and a two-time member of the leagues All-Defensive team, he has been one of the divisional winners for the leagues sportsmanship award five times. "I think everybody would agree that you could make a case for a lot of guys in the locker room, but Shane, hes the ultimate teammate," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Selfless. Hell do whatever it takes. Hes a leader. Hes playing for his brothers, his teammates, and you can feel it. So its a great award." The award is named for Jack Twyman and Maurice Stokes, both members of the Basketball Hall of Fame who were forever linked by what happened in the final game of the 1957-58 regular season, when Stokes suffered a brain injury. Stokes was paralyzed, and Twyman supported him for the remainder of his life -- even becoming his legal guardian and advocate. "Its an amazing story of brotherhood and being the ultimate teammate," Battier said. In order of finish behind Battier, Jefferson and Nowitzki, the other nominees on this years teammate ballot were Chris Paul, Pau Gasol, Manu Ginobili, Channing Frye, Andre Iguodala, Jameer Nelson, Elton Brand, David West and Mike Dunleavy -- who happens to be Battiers best friend. Tracy McGrady Jersey . Venable and Jeremy Hermida drove in three runs apiece, and the Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Sunday to snap a nine-game losing streak. Allen Iverson Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova reached her 10th career grand slam final after beating Ekaterina Makarova in straight sets at the Australian Open on Thursday. http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.com/jerry-stackhouse-pistons-jersey-c-26/ . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Tobias Harris Jersey .com) - Lloyd Sam struck in stoppage time on Wednesday as Red Bull New York hung on for a crucial 1-0 win over Atlantic Cup rivals D. Mateen Cleaves Jersey . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production.BEREA, Ohio - Brian Hoyer came dangerously close to losing his dream job for good.But after getting them into playoff contention, the Browns decided that despite his imperfections and recent mistakes, Hoyer is still their starting quarterback over rookie Johnny Manziel, who may be their future but isnt ready to handle the present.The Browns are Hoyers team for at least one more Sunday.I want to see this thing through, Hoyer said. I want to finish this strong.Clevelands struggling veteran will start again this week against Indianapolis after first-year coach Mike Pettine and his staff decided Hoyer would be the better option down the stretch than Manziel, who flashed some Johnny Football magic last week in a loss at Buffalo.Hoyers poor performance against the Bills — he was pulled for Manziel with 12 minutes left in a 26-10 loss — raised the possibility that Cleveland (7-5) would make another switch at the position. The Browns have had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999.Hoyer spent an anxious 48 hours waiting to learn his fate.They werent the easiest days of my life, thats for sure, he said. Ive been through a lot, and this is one more thing to handle some adversity and it makes you stronger. Its back to business as usual.Pettine described the decision as difficult because of Hoyers performance, but said coaches put more value on his experience and success.It wasnt perfect and hes made his share of mistakes, but hes gotten the lions share of reps in practice and virtually all of them in games and has us in the thick of a playoff hunt, Pettine said. That, to me, was probably the biggest determining factor.Pettine said he told both quarterbacks his decision on Wednesday.Manziel, who led the Browns on an 80-yard touchdown drive he capped with a 10-yard run last week, was understandably disappointed. But the first-round draft pick was encouraged by his time on the field and knows his chance may not be far off.Obviously, thats a decision thats made by Coach Pettine, he said. And this week his answer was, No so moving forward whatever transpires, maybe next time the answer will be, Yes.Pettine said there was some lively discussion before the coaching staff agreed to stay with Hoyyer, who has thrown just one touchdowns pass and six interceptions in his last three games.ddddddddddddHoyer will not be on a short leash and Pettine is confident the five-year veteran and the rest of Clevelands offence can bounce back after a rough stretch.Before finalizing his decision, Pettine spoke with several players, who offered their support of Hoyer.Hes a resilient competitor, Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas said, and that says everything you need to know about him because hes not the type of guy that will feel sorry for himself. Hes not going to lay down. Hes going to prepare even harder.Manziel said he felt good about the way he played and figured he had done enough to make the decision tough on Clevelands coaches.Just being competitive, theres a little bit of disappointment, said Manziel. But at the same time I completely trust Coach Pettine with this team and I believe hes put us in the right situation going forward consistently.Comebacks arent new for Hoyer.A lifelong Browns fan, the Cleveland-area native had his boyhood wishes come true last season when he was given the starting job. He made three starts before tearing a knee ligament against the Bills.Hoyer rehabbed tirelessly to get back and while he expected the Browns to draft a quarterback, he never imagined it would be Manziel, the immensely popular former Texas A&M quarterback and college football legend.Hoyer beat out Manziel in training camp and has held him off again.I always have a fire lit, Hoyer said. Anytime someone questions you, you want to prove them wrong. Im sure there are people questioning me all along, not just this week, throughout the entire season.NOTES: Pettines not concerned about the reaction of Browns fans. The city seemed split between Hoyer and Manziel. The Dawg Pound is happiest when were winning, he said. Therefore, its what this business is all about. I think opinions will be very divided on this regardless of what had happened. ... Starting RB Isaiah Crowell was held out of practice with a hip injury. He leads the team with seven touchdowns. ... TE Gary Barnidge has a rib injury and remains day-to-day.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '
Dogcat250
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 687
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 6 Tháng 1 11, 2019 10:10 am

Re: Shane Battier called it one of the biggest honours

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:15 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 1072864
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 Tháng 7 31, 2021 9:48 am

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:16 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:18 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:19 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:20 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:21 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:22 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:23 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Gửi bàigửi bởi wattawalkka » Chủ nhật Tháng 4 09, 2023 8:24 pm

wattawalkka
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Trang kế tiếp

Quay về Trao đổi tài liệu

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.33 khách.