" The unseeded Giraldo will be playing fo

" The unseeded Giraldo will be playing fo

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 7 Tháng 2 23, 2019 12:47 pm

MONTREAL -- Montreals newly elected mayor, who has a proven knack for getting in the news, has already had his first public spat with the local hockey team. Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please..." It was a rather run-of-the-mill remark for a regular hockey fan. Countless numbers of them tweet running commentary on Habs games and many have criticized the play of the struggling forward. But this one drew a little more attention, coming from the mayor. The team was pushing back at Coderre on Monday. Max Pacioretty, a longtime linemate of Desharnais, was particularly fuming and when asked about the remark he unloaded on the mayor. "Im very, very upset about that," Pacioretty said. "What, do you think hes gonna coach our team tomorrow? Thats embarrassing... "To bring down a player -- such a great person, such a great player, such a hard worker ... Daveys a true competitor and hes a great player and a great teammate, and thats just so uncalled for... Its only going to make matters worse." Defenseman Josh Gorges said its wrong to kick someone when theyre down. And coach Michel Therrien may quietly agree with Coderres assessment of Desharnais play, given that hes been handing him less icetime lately. But he doesnt welcome the remark. "I really believe this is inappropriate from our mayor," said Therrien, weighing his words carefully. Coderres outspokenness and penchant for grabbing the spotlight is a distant cry from the citys last elected mayor -- the understated, Harvard-educated Gerald Tremblay, who was eventually felled by a controversy over corruption at city hall. The first week alone has demonstrated that in abundance. Since Coderre won the election, he has already had a run-in with the Parti Quebecois provincial government over its religion charter; with the powerful mayor of Quebec City over a perceived slight to him; and now with the Montreal Canadiens. He also encouraged embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford last week to switch to "Diet Coke." Air Jordan 1 Uomo Saldi . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. Air Jordan 1 Offerta . On the day after Billy Horschel posted his 12th straight round in the 60s, won his second straight tournament against a world-class field and picked up an additional $10 million bonus as the FedEx Cup champion, Watson was kicking back in his seat at a Kansas City Royals game. http://www.airjordan1scontate.it/. After a 10-game skid, winning sure feels good. Atlantas third error in the last two innings allowed Jackie Bradley Jr. Air Jordan 1 Italia . Lauzon rushed for 42 yards on 15 carries for the Vert et Or (2-3) while quarterback Jeremi Roch completed 19-of-32 passes for 251 yards and one interception. Alexandre Aube scored the other touchdown for Sherbrooke. Air Jordan 1 Scontate .J. -- The New Jersey Devils are so bad in shootouts, coach Pete DeBoer doesnt mind seeing his team take chances in the five-minute overtime. BARCELONA, Spain -- Santiago Giraldo of Colombia beat Nicolas Almagro 7-5, 6-3 to reach the Barcelona Open final on Saturday, as his Spanish rival suffered a letdown after ousting top-ranked Rafael Nadal. Giraldo will face fourth-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan after he beat Ernests Gulbis of Latvia 6-2, 6-4 in the other semifinal on the red outdoor clay. Almagro slumped to his first loss in six meetings with Giraldo, a day after one of his biggest wins when he upset eight-time winner Nadal at the Real Club de Tenis. "Yesterdays game doesnt serve as an excuse," Almagro said. "Giraldo grazed perfection today, above all in the first set, and I couldnt find the answer." The unseeded Giraldo will be playing for his first career title on Sunday after he saved six of seven break points and finished the match with an emphatic ace. "I have always dreamed of reaching the top spots of the ATP ranking and tomorrow is a first step," Giraldo said. "But I am staying calm. I will keep to my routtine and tomorrow will be a day to enjoy and play the best tennis I can.dddddddddddd" Giraldo prevailed in a match that featured several long rallies by proving more precise with his long groundstrokes. The first set was heading for a tiebreaker until Giraldo snatched it away by breaking Almagros last service game when he swatted a forehand return by the feet of the last years finalist. Almagro got an early break in the second set, but Giraldo won it right back and took control as Almagros nerves frayed with the match slipping away. "He believed more in his tennis, in how he had to play, and he barely made any mistakes," Almagro said. "I committed errors when I could have gone in front. That was the key." Earlier, Nishikoris faster movement overcame Gulbis big serve. Down a set, ninth-seeded Gulbis saved seven break points in the second before finally ceding his serve and losing the match. Nishikori will be seeking his second title of the season and fifth in his career. ' ' '
lw789
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 180
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 15, 2017 9:20 am

Quay về Truyện

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.38 khách.