d he is to finally stop playing snook

d he is to finally stop playing snook

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 3 Tháng 3 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Steve Davis has revealed he is to finally stop playing snooker 35 years after winning his first World Championship crown. The 58-year-old from Essex, nicknamed the Nugget, lost to Fergal OBrien in the first round of qualifying for this years tournament at the Crucible, and decided that would be his final match.That was my last match as a professional, Davis told the BBC. So Im calling it a day. I phoned up Barry [Hearn, his long-time manager] and told him it was on my mind to enter the World Championship and make that the last. I said, Barry, I think its time to retire from professional snooker.And he said, Steve, you retired 10 years ago we just didnt have the heart to tell you. Champion Bingham crashes out Defending champion Stuart Bingham has been knocked out of the World Championship in the first round An emotional Davis took a bow in front of the Crucible crowds with the World Championship trophy on Sunday.Davis began his career in 1978 and was almost unbeatable during the 1980s when he secured six world titles and was world No 1 from 1983 to 1990.He picked up 53 non-ranking titles and 28 ranking titles, which has him joint second on the all-time list with Ronnie OSullivan and John Higgins. Only Stephen Hendry (7) has won more World titles than Davis Davis, who now spends time as a music DJ, added: The Fergal OBrien match was my last and I told [World Snooker chairman] Barry Hearn it was time to call it a day. My father passed away recently and it was natural time to stop playing.I should have done it ages ago, I played a bit for my father. I am delighted to have such a great time in the game, I was lucky to have a hobby as my profession.It has been a fantastic. The game will move on to other places but I feel like the grandfather of the sport. Also See: World Snooker Photos Bet £5 Get £20 free Get Sky Sports Mitch Moreland Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Craig Kimbrel Jersey . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring. http://www.theredsoxteamshop.com/Red-So ... -Jersey/.9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins. J. D. Martinez Jersey .One day after winning her record 63rd World Cup race, Vonn posted to her Facebook account Tuesday that she was happy Woods surprised her by coming to the race, and that she felt terrible that his tooth got knocked out. Christian Vazquez Jersey .Shipulin pulled away from Martin Fourcade of France, Simon Eder of Austria and Fredrik Lindstrom of Sweden to finish in 35 minutes 16.8 seconds. Fourcade was 1.2 seconds back in second place to reclaim the overall World Cup lead, with Eder another 0.GUELPH, Ont. -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Robby Fabbri, Jason Dickinson, Scott Kosmachuk and Zack Mitchell each had a goal and an assist for the Storm, who took the second-round series in five games, while Tyler Bertuzzi added a single goal. Josh Anderson had a pair of goals for the Knights, Mitchell Moroz scored once and set up two more and Matt Rupert scored the other. Guelphs Justin Nichols made 29 saves for the win as Londons Jake Patterson stopped 31-of-36 shots in defeat. The Storm will now face the Erie Otters for the Wayne Gretzky Trophy, beginning Apr. 17 in Guelph. Despite being eliminaated from the OHL playoffs, the season isnt over for the Knights, who will be back in action on May 16 as the hosts of the Memorial Cup.dddddddddddd --- BATTALION 4 COLTS 1 NORTH BAY, Ont. -- Nick Paul and Marcus McIvor scored 32 seconds apart in the third period as the Battalion went on to defeat Barrie in Game 5 of their second-round tilt. Barclay Goodrow had a goal and two assists for North Bay, which scored four unanswered goals in the third period to go up 3-2 in the series. Ben Thomson had the other Battalion goal. Jake Smith stopped 25-of-26 shots for the Battalion. Brendan Lemieux opened the scoring for the Colts 42 seconds into the third while Daniel Gibl turned away 18-of-22 shots in defeat. ' ' '
lw789
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 180
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 15, 2017 9:20 am

Quay về Truyện

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.25 khách.