ed to leave the mound on his ow

ed to leave the mound on his ow

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 4 Tháng 12 19, 2018 9:32 am

CHICAGO -- Edwin Jackson wanted to leave the mound on his own terms. Jackson struck out 11 in seven innings and Welington Castillo hit a two-run double to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 3-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday. Jackson (3-3) had his best outing for the Cubs since signing a four-year, $52 million deal before the 2013 season. The right-hander allowed four hits and walked one. He struck out the side in the first and struck out Elian Herrera to end the fifth for his 10th strikeout. He finished his outing by striking out Jeff Bianchi on 95 mph fastball. Jackson received a visit from manager Rick Renteria after giving up an 0-2 single to Jean Segura with one out in the seventh, but Jackson persuaded Renteria to let him finish the inning. "He wanted it. I didnt say a whole lot," Renteria said. "He said, I got this." "I definitely wanted to let him know I wanted to finish that inning," Jackson said. "I had just given up an 0-2 hit from not executing a pitch, but I just wanted to let him know I felt good, and I felt confident that I can go out and finish the inning. He heard me, he listen to me, I guess he heard the conviction. I was glad to walk off the field on my own." That wasnt always the case in 2013 when Jackson lost 18 games. "I felt comfortable last year, last year, I just didnt get the job done," Jackson said. Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save in four opportunities. Starlin Castro had an RBI double for the last-place Cubs, who won just for the third time in 13 games. Milwaukee starter Matt Garza (2-4) was tagged for three runs on four hits. The former Cub had his second straight start that he allowed three runs in the first inning. Garza said he did not have extra adrenaline in his first start at Wrigley since being traded by the Cubs last season to the Texas Rangers. "Nope. I told you guys the first time; its just another game," Garza said. "It stinks the way it turned out, but theres no more or less emotion. Every time I go out there I go out there the same way." The right-hander did rebound by not allowing a hit until a leadoff single by Anthony Rizzo in the sixth inning. He struck out seven and walked one. Milwaukee leadoff hitter Carlos Gomez was a late scratch from the Brewers lineup because of lower back tightness. He was due back Saturday after serving a three-game suspension for his actions in a bench-clearing incident against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 20. Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was loudly booed before his first at-bat in the first inning. Braun played in his first game at Wrigley Field since serving 65-game suspension last season for his involvement with the Biogenesis drug scandal. The Cubs didnt waste any time testing Garzas fielding ability. Emilio Bonifacio led off the first with a perfectly placed bunt that Garza wasnt able to reach in time to have a chance to throw out Bonifacio at first. Bonifacio later scored on Castros double. With two outs, Castillo lined a double down the left field line to score Castro and Nate Schierholtz to take a 3-0 lead. "Of course, Im frustrated, man," Garza said. "What do you think, Im happy? Its the worst freaking start of my career, dude. Yeah, Im frustrated. I hate this, this feeling. "So its keep grinding and keep getting ready every five days. Thats about all I can do," he said. NOTES: Brewers RHP Jim Henderson (shoulder inflammation) is on the DL and scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Sunday. Hes eligible to come off the DL Sunday, but no word when he might return. ... Braun is playing with a right oblique strain and is less than 100 per cent, but manager Ron Roenicke said he likes having a limited Braun in the lineup because Aramis Ramirez (strained left hamstring) is out. "With Aramis now out of there, it would be really tough (playing without Braun). And Ryan, hes good even when hes not 100 per cent," said Roenicke. ... Highly touted Cubs prospect Javier Baez is struggling in Triple-A Iowa. In 29 games, the shortstop is hitting .145 with three home runs and 11 RBIs. Hes also committed seven errors. Cheap Jordans Shoes For Sale .J. - New York Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara left Monday nights game against the Indianapolis Colts with a torn biceps. Air Jordans Outlet . Among the teams moves was trading one of the teams two third round picks, no. 83 overall, to the Chicago Blackhawks for Brandon Bollig, a six-foot-two, 223-pound left-winger who had seven goals, seven assists, and 92 penalty minutes in 82 games last season. http://www.cheapairjordanfastshipping.com/.A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result. Cheap Nike Jordan Basketball . A quick first step to get to the hoop for a layup. A rousing dunk on the break off a high outlet pass saved by teammate Ramon Sessions. Air Jordan Shoes Wholesale .The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks.Glendale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Mike Fisher had a goal and an assist in Nashvilles 5-1 win over Arizona Thursday. Fisher, who missed nearly the first two months of the season due to an Achilles injury, netted his first goal of the campaign that ended a long power-play drought for the Predators. Pekka Rinne made 28 saves in Nashvilles second straight win. James Neal also tallied a goal and an assist, while Shea Weber and Filip Forsberg each had a pair of assists. Ryan Ellis, Olli Jokinen and Calle Jarnkrok all tallied goals for the Preds. It was a hard-fought game and we just got timely goals, said Rinne. Mike Smith allowed five goals on 38 shots in the Coyotes fourth straight loss. Its important for us to stick to our game regardless of whats going on and continue to push forward, said Coyotes forward Sam Gagner. Antoine Vermette scored the lone Arizona goal. Two minutes after Vermette gave Arizona a 1-0 lead with a power-play goal, the Predators got a chance with the man advantage themselves. After going scoreless on their previous 28 attempts, the power play finally came througgh when Fisher redirected a Weber shot by Smith to tie the game.dddddddddddd Seconds after its second power play expired, Nashville went ahead 2-1. Smith allowed a huge rebound off a shot by Fisher, then Neal knocked the puck by Smith to give the Predators the lead. With 1:30 remaining in the first period, the Predators extended their lead when Neal puck-handled around three Arizona defenders through the neutral zone and made a cross-ice pass to Ellis crashing the net at the opposite post. Ellis was able to tap the puck in for the 3-1 lead. After a scoreless second period, Arizona returned to the ice putting pressure on Nashville. The Predators called timeout and not even 20 seconds later, Jarnkrok poked the puck by Smith in a scramble in front to extend Nashvilles lead to 4-1. Jokinen added a goal five minutes later to account for the final margin. Game Notes Arizona is 0-12-0 when trailing after two periods ... The Predators were 1- of-5 on the power play, and the Coyotes were 1-of-3 ... Nashvilles Roman Josi played in his 200th NHL game. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap ' ' '
lw789
Thành viên 5 sao
Thành viên 5 sao

Bài viết: 180
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 Tháng 11 15, 2017 9:20 am

Quay về Truyện

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến.10 khách.